Our Cambridge Ma based Biotech client is seeking a Sr. Scientific Software Developer for a fully remote contract role. (Must currently be located in the US)
Candidates must be able to work on our W2.
No corp-to-corp submissions accepted for this role.
Top skills required for the Sr. Scientific Software Developer
- Knowledge of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data processing using Workflow Description Language (WDL) and Docker containers. (minimum 1 year experience)
- Hands-on experience with development on AWS cloud required. Exposure to building serverless web applications on AWS with AWS Lambda is highly favorable.
As a W2 contract employee of Fast Switch you are eligible to participate in the following benefits we offer:
- Our 401(k) has a 3% match that vests immediately.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Our healthcare plan is a high deductible plan with a health savings account (HSA). The deductions will be withheld pre-tax, saving you taxes on the premium.
- Short and Long Term Disability insurance is provided to all eligible Team Members.
- Will be automating standard data workflows
- Work closely in partnership with our scientists to understand their scientific challenges, data needs, business needs, technology and software requirements.
- Provides scientists with cutting-edge computational informatics and analytics tools and services in support of research and early development.
- This relationship with stakeholders will require this role to maintain a strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products, evaluating and implementing cloud resources, and open-source and vendor software
- Knowledge of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data processing using Workflow Description Language (WDL) and Docker containers.
- Hands-on experience with development on AWS cloud. Exposure to building serverless web applications on AWS with AWS Lambda is highly favorable.
- Knowledge of Linux system and familiarity working in command-line environment.
- Experience using a source code version control system, such as Git. An understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline (i.e. AWS CodeBuild) is a plus.
- Good understanding of software life cycle management and agile methodology.