Our client in Danvers, MA is looking for a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer who has experience in embedded application software and firmware development.
The candidate would be responsible for designing, simulating, and implementing performance-enhancing software & algorithms used in our family of products. We are looking for a motivated and energetic self-starter, someone who has a 'make it happen attitude and who can thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge environment.
• Conversion of user needs and design inputs into software specifications.
• Design, develop, and test software per medical device software development life cycle (IEC-62304)
• Participate in software risk analysis and mitigation.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members, including clinicians and data scientists, in further refining and developing advanced algorithms.
• Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for analytic models
• Conduct defined quantitative and qualitative research projects independently and communicate research results to stakeholders.
• M.S. in computer science, math, or an engineering field or equivalent work experience; Ph.D. preferred.
• 5+ years of experience writing memory and run-time efficient code in C/C++ on an embedded platform (micro-controller, microprocessor, etc.).
• Experience in writing lower-layer drivers and familiarity with networking protocols, i.e., CAN, I2C, SPI, TCP/IP
• 3+ years of experience in developing multi-threaded applications on real-time operating systems.
• Knowledge of QNX and/or Linux would be a big plus.
• Professional experience in time-domain and frequency-domain biomedical signal processing algorithms development would be a big plus.
• Knowledge of modeling and analyzing large data sets using Python/R/MATLAB or equivalent tools.
• Familiarity with standard data algorithms and machine learning techniques.
• Experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology would be a big PLUS.