The Medical Assistant is an important liaison between the patient/family, provider, and other care team members. The Medical Assistant will coordinate patient flow, review charts for current information, and ensure the appropriate paperwork accompanies the patient to the room. Enter pertinent history. Act as a resource and cross cover as needed. Travel to satellite locations as needed. Serve as a trainer and mentor to new associates.
- Deliver excellent customer service to the patients/families and other care providers. Focusing on family-centered care.
- Room patients ensuring appropriate documents are with the patient, up to and including required diagnostic reports.
- Performing clinical procedures, to include but not limited to the following:
- performing aseptic procedures
- taking vital signs
- preparing patients for the provider's care
- observing and reporting patient’s signs and symptoms
- Administering basic first aid.
- Assisting with patient examination/treatment.
- Operate any required medical equipment.
- Perform and collect routine laboratory specimens as directed by provider.
- Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties as required.
- Act as a liaison between support services and other clinical divisions.
- Obtain authorizations according to the patient’s insurance policy for any tests, therapies, DME, etc. ordered by the provider.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee’s clinical coordinator or Operations Manager.
- High School Diploma required. Medical Assistant or equivalent training preferred.
- AHA BLS Certification required upon hire and continue to maintain as required.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Travel to satellite locations required.
**$3,500 Sign on Bonus offered