Our client, a Non-Profit Healthcare Organization, in Hebron, CT, is in need of Licensed Practical Nurses for a substitute role in a school setting for day shifts. 30% DIFFERENTIAL PAY! $4000 Sign-On Bonus offered! Will be a minimum of 15 hours per month, likely much more as is needed.
LPN Minimum Requirements:
- Licensed Practical Nurse Certificate
- At least age 18
- Valid driver’s license
LPN Overview: We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to assist in maintaining and improving the health and wellbeing of individuals by monitoring health status and providing appropriate treatments to individuals with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities to enable their highest quality of life in terms of their physical, emotional, and mental health while adhering to policies and procedures. This person will inspire others and make a life changing impact while achieving professional growth and personal fulfillment. We set the standard, partnering with people with disabilities, to provide services and solutions promoting independence, education, health, and dignity. This role will help expand our ability to identify and address diverse needs within the community.
Along with the individuals we serve, we are committed to empowering our staff. When you join our team as an LPN, our team will support you to reach your career goals. We offer professional development, tuition reimbursement, and career pathways that allow you to develop your career while as an employee.
About the position:
The LPN provides a range of services for individuals based on their needs, in their home and in their community. This includes but is not limited to personal care, domestic household services, personal appointments, medical appointments, vocational services, community activities, supervision within the home, and other tasks based upon their individual goals. Applicants with no experience and interested in entering the direct care field with a desire to serve people with disabilities are also encouraged to apply to this position.
- Generous Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time, Plus Paid Holidays
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Free and Low-Cost Life Insurance Options and Free Long-term Disability Insurance
- Excellent Professional Development Opportunities; Tuition Reimbursement; Career Pathways
- Staff Recognition and Appreciation
- Paid Training, Education, and Certification as necessary (including CPR training)
- Provides and receives timely, effective, respectful, appropriate, and courteous verbal and written communications.
- Provides physical and emotional care to the individuals including assisting with personal care, hygiene, and laundry/clothing.
- Provides health care per instructions of physician, RN, or other approved staff.
- Providing teaching to individuals in personal Hygiene, grooming, behavioral conduct, dietary nutrition, and feeding.
- Assures implementation of life saving measures, emergency procedures, lifting equipment, individual transfers.
- Nutritional support: escorting and monitoring individuals at mealtime, serving food in keeping with required food consistency.
- General housekeeping
- Coordinating and leading social and recreational activities as well as shopping for food and clothing.
- Transportation of individuals
- Collaborating internally and externally to resolve conflicts, obstacles, and challenges, seeking guidance from managers and team members as needed.
- Provide support to the manager by modeling teamwork, accountability, responsibility, and appropriate behavior.