Our client is seeking a Event/Conference Consultant for a contract position located in Boston MA. This job is hybrid and requires 3 days a week on site.
NEED to have worked with executive level (importance of executive meetings and understand board meetings)
***Must be Boston, MA based.
***10-20% travel (domestic and international)
***Role will be Hybrid (3 Days in office Tuesday and Wednesday required and 1 additional day of choice. Other 2 days per week will be remote/work from home.)
***Consultants must be able to work on our W2.
***No corp-to-corp submissions accepted for this role.
We are hiring for the role of an Event/Conference Consultant. In partnership with the team lead, you will provide a consistent planning approach across all events by consulting with internal lines of business to execute small to medium size meetings and events. You will be responsible for executing the stakeholders vision within the budget parameters. Execution responsibilities will include sourcing, contracting, registration website management, leading meetings with internal stakeholders, maintaining the project plan, food and beverage management, development of event specification guides, communications with stakeholders, full on-site execution, and post event reconciliation. This role is a part of the Event and Conference Management Team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Management of MassMutual business programs/meetings/events. This role specifically will support Executive Board of Director Meetings which would include consulting with our business partners on their meeting requirements, leading project planning, managing the meeting budget, sourcing event venues, contract management, attend travel in conjunction with travel management vendor, registration website and mobile app development, food and beverage management, etc.
- Development of program specs and communications with vendors to clearly communicate execution needs of the event
- Schedule and lead planning meetings with stakeholders
- Clear follow up communications with event stakeholders ensuring awareness of project deadlines
- On-site execution of the event which would include leading pre-con meetings, vendor load in and set up, on-site registration management, staffing management, etc.
- Attendance of regular team collaboration with ECM Director, event stakeholders, vendors, and other ECM support team members
- Ordering of on-site event supplies as needed, including but not limited to, office supplies, name badges, and signage
- Project management of event registration websites and mobile app builds
- Proof registration websites and mobile apps to ensure details are correct before launches
- Have a team mentality, effectively collaborating with fellow team members areas across the enterprise.
- Demonstrate agility and flexibility to work on new areas or special projects as needed.
Skills: The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7+ years’ experience in meeting/event/conference planning
- Strong budgeting acumen
- Experience supporting with executive leadership
- Tech-savvy and able to learn/adopt new technology tools and platforms quickly
- Organized and able to plan appropriate project timelines, work backward from deadlines, identify milestones and owners, and execute against a plan
- Advanced experience in PowerPoint
- Proven written and communication skills
The Ideal Qualifications
- Project management/program management skills
- Business communications experience
- Advanced experience with AirTable and CVENT
- Continuous improvement mindset with a commitment to introducing new and innovative ideas and communications approaches
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed for event execution
- Event agency experience a plus
- Willing and able to travel to various meetings and events throughout the year as needed but domestic and international (Please note most events will be Boston, MA based. Planner will be assigned approximately 10-20 meetings and events per year.)