We are seeking Computed Tomography Technologist (CT) for a world class healthcare organization in the Greater Hartford area. This position is responsible for: Performing Computerized Tomography imaging studies while providing a quality health care service that includes total patient care in a comfortable, friendly environment. Excellent communication skills are essential to this position due to required continuous interaction with public and professional/ medical personnel. The radiologic technologist should report to the Medical Imaging Administrative Director, and/or CT Operations Manager, / Lead Technologist.
Responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations, and implementing actions as appropriate.
- Responsible for working knowledge and operation of Computerized Tomography Scanner and Windows workstation.
- Knowledge of routine computerized tomography imaging protocols along with performing patient examinations as protocoled by designated radiologist.
- Provides accurate room preparation and instructions to patient / family according to the procedure and physically prepares patient for examination which includes explaining the imaging procedure and answers pertinent procedural questions.
- Responsible for screening of patients to be imaged for contraindications that may be hazardous to their health or to the safety of others. Assists radiologists by evaluating patients and obtaining written screening for administration of contrast media. Starts IV’s and injects contrast material for imaging studies. Observes patient for allergic reaction after administration of contrast.
- Maintains work habits consistent with hospital and department policies, reports unsafe conditions and incidents to the immediate supervisor and demonstrates safe work habits. Operates hospital computer systems for patient data entry and retrieval/ order entry and completion of study.
- Determine proper radiation exposure factors for CT to minimize patient dose according to protocols set by the radiologist. Ensures proper function of equipment by proper usage and maintenance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care, as attached to the annual performance appraisal document, with respect to the appropriate specific chronological age, developmental age, or social maturity of the patient
- Must have the ability to work well with others. Aids in the training of new personnel, students, and physicians.
- Regular attendance required. Must be able to pick up varying shifts including day, second, and night shift and one 8-hour holiday shift per calendar year.
- Good Communication skills are required. In addition to accepting feedback, asking questions and active communication with counterparts and all departments.
- ARRT Registered or registry eligible,
- State of CT Licensure or Licensure eligible,
- CT Board certified within 18 months of employment,
- Annual CPR certification through AHA